Self-care is the practice of taking time for yourself, to nourish and care for your soul. It’s about honing in on your needs and making sure that you’re taking the time to relax, recharge and refuel.
Why is self care so important?
5 reasons why self care is important
Here are five reasons why you should start practicing self care:
- It keeps you healthy. When you take the time to relax, recharge and refuel, your body can function at its best. When you take the time to enjoy yourself – by reading, relaxing or spending time with friends and family – it keeps your body functioning at its best.
- It makes you happier. When you nurture yourself emotionally and mentally, you develop a stronger sense of self-love which leads to Happiness. When you put your needs first, you develop a stronger sense of self-love.
- It makes you more resilient in the face of challenges. When you take care of yourself, your emotional and mental health is strengthened which allows you to handle stress better.
- It helps build strong relationships with friends, family, and other loved ones. When you take time for yourself, you develop closer relationships with those around you.
- Self care makes you a more effective worker and leader. When you take care of yourself, you are more focused and productive at work.